• Posted by : rnphdmom Saturday, January 30, 2016

    Since our big snow storm I've been staying at home and making all sorts of food. Here are just some of the things we have made that were good :)

    I made chicken breasts baked in cream. Instead of cream, I used our soy yogurt that had too much corn starch (still trying to get the right ratio). It turned out really good. So much so that only two small biscuits were left for our koalas.

    I paired it with biscuits from these recipes http://www.cooks.com/recipe/4y5n89vo/quick-and-easy-yeast-biscuits.html and here: http://www.food.com/recipe/fluffy-yeast-biscuits-66895

    • 1 pkg. yeast
    • 1 c. warm water
    • 1/2 tsp. salt
    • 3 tbsp. shortening (I substituted with butter)
    • 2 tbsp. sugar
    • 2 1/2 c. flour
    Dissolve yeast in warm water. (I follow the yeast packet's instructions and mix in some sugar).
    Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Knead 2-3 minutes.
    Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick.
    Cut with a biscuit cutter. (I improvised with the rims of a glass).
    Let rise 30-40 minutes until doubled in size on an ungreased cookie sheet.
    Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until brown. (Usually it takes 15 min).


    Leave a Reply

    Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

  • - Copyright © Team KoalaBunny's Adventures - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -