• Posted by : rnphdmom Saturday, January 27, 2018

    The recipe comes from genius kitchen but I made modifications with spices that I preferred or had on hand and with different proportions which I guess technically makes it my recipe:
    http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/crock-pot-whole-chicken-33671

    Ingredients: I bought a 5 lb spring whole chicken that was on sale
    Spices:
    4 tsp sea salt
    4 tsp paprika
    2 tsp onion powder
    2 tsp thyme
    2 tsp rosemary
    2 tsp pepper
    2 tsp cumin 
    1 tsp garlic powder

    1. In a small bowl, combine the spices.
    2. Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken.
    3. Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
    4. Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. (Try not to skip this step as the chicken comes our so much better)
    5. When ready to cook, put chopped onion in bottom of crock pot.
    6. Add chicken. No liquid is needed, the chicken will make its own juices.
    7. Cook on low 4-8 hours (usually 8 for me)
    Here's the photo with koala's approval: I'd show you the whole chicken but it was devoured so quickly ><

    Leave a Reply

    Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

  • - Copyright © Team KoalaBunny's Adventures - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -